TravelRest Ltd is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data about you, and customers specified in your booking:
- Information that you provide when you make a booking with us such as your name, address, email address, bank details etc;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, including information provided at the time of registration, requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you report any problems with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and for fulfilment of your bookings.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
Where you provide information relating to a third party, e.g. another customer in your booking, you confirm that you have that person’s consent to provide such information.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is anonymous statistical data about users’ browsing habits. We may also obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookie. Cookies are small pieces of information which are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They help us improve our site and deliver a better service to you by personalising your visit. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, though you can set most browsers to prevent this collection or access. Further information about cookies, including how to delete them, should be available from your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) helplines, or you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more detailed advice.
All information you provide is stored on our secure servers and is accessible only by authorised staff and certain third parties such as our online booking fulfilment supplier. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using secure sockets level (SSL) technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and should not share it with anyone.
Transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will try to protect your information, any transmission of information by you to our site is at your risk, although once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to protect it against unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To identify you when you contact us and to contact you.
- To ensure that content on our site is made available to you and your computer in an effective manner.
- To administer your booking with us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To perform our obligations under any contract entered into with you.
- To notify you about changes to our site or service, or terms and conditions.
- To carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to provide you with details about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous booking, or if you have expressly requested information about services in that manner.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by email only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org asking us to remove your details from the mailing list.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes described above, and:
- If we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If TravelRest or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
We will never sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Bookings may not be made by children. If you are under 18, you may not make any booking on this site.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collection) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website or our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives your right to access certain information held about you. Any access request you send us may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you.